Changes in 2007
New in 20071231:
- Fixed window review on Quit to automatically show hidden sessions instead of ignoring them.
New in 20071230:
- Terminal views now support a focus-follows-mouse General preference.
- Fixed initialization of certain settings when creating a brand new preferences file.
New in 20071229:
- Fixed terminal activity notification, allowing you to watch for new data arriving in inactive windows.
- Terminal inactivity notification is now available, allowing you to watch for sessions that become idle.
- Session Info window icons are now updated when activity or inactivity notifications occur.
- Notifications now display a new style of modeless alert window similar to those used by file copies in the Finder.
New in 20071227:
- Preferences command now correctly responds to its key equivalent even if the mouse has never hit the application menu.
New in 20071225:
- Internal improvements to sessions to set a foundation for better text translation.
- Fixed Paste, for both 8-bit and 16-bit Unicode sources (that can be translated).
- Using Paste with multi-line Clipboard text now displays a warning with an option to form one line before proceeding.
New in 20071221:
- Fixed ANSI color rendering.
- Preferences window resize box now has a transparent look on most panels.
New in 20071219:
- This build should once again support Panther, Tiger and Leopard.
New in 20071204:
- Fixed scroll bars in terminal windows to allow the indicator to be dragged.
New in 20071119:
- Added an optional argument to set the working directory of new Sessions in the Quills API.
- Added a box to set the matte color in the Format preferences panel.
- Preferences window Macros pane now has an option to display the active macro set in a menu.
New in 20071104:
- Internal changes to make the application run properly on Leopard.
New in 20071103:
- Added support for the file URL type. The default behavior is to run "emacs" in file browser mode.
New in 20071023:
- Show IP Addresses command now displays a more sophisticated dialog with a proper list view for addresses.
- Show IP Addresses dialog now allows addresses to be copied to the Clipboard individually.
New in 20071022:
- Terminal window tabs now recognize drags, automatically switching tabs when the mouse moves over them.
New in 20071019:
- Terminal window toolbars now have a Bell item option. Clicking it will enable *or* disable the terminal bell.
- Renamed the "Disable Bell" command to simply "Bell", which also inverts the state of its checkmark.
- Preferences window collections drawer further tweaked to align in an aesthetically pleasing way with tabs.
- Custom Screen Size dialog arrows now increment and decrement by 4 for columns, and 10 for rows.
- Changed View menu items showing columns-by-rows, to use the Unicode X-like symbol for times instead of an X.
New in 20071015:
- Fixed the Interrupt Process command to send the interrupt character to the active session.
- Preferences window General pane now correctly displays cursor shapes.
- Preferences window General pane now uses Unicode text for cursor shapes instead of icon images.
New in 20071013:
- Changed the artwork for the main application icon and other icons showing terminals.
New in 20071011:
- Added an icon for the Translations preference category.
New in 20071010:
- Fixed line truncation during operations such as Copy and drag-and-drop.
- Fixed word and line highlighting for double-clicks and triple-clicks.
New in 20071006:
- Internal improvements to the code (removing some compile warnings, etc.).
New in 20070929:
- Fixed cases where size-change commands were ineffective in one terminal resize mode but not the other.
New in 20070918:
- Terminal view backgrounds now have a user interface for changing the color, via menu or contextual menu.
- Session Info window toolbar items rearranged in customization sheet, so that Customize is not hidden.
New in 20070908:
- Fixed a few possible crash conditions.
- Redesigned the Find icon on the VT220 keypad.
- Key palettes now have a 5 pixel padding between buttons and the window edge.
New in 20070906:
- Preferences window collections drawer is now below the toolbar to show that it affects only one category.
- Preferences window General pane now has correctly sized tab content.
- Preferences window Sessions pane now has correctly sized tab content.
- Terminal views and backgrounds now support a more complete set of accessibility attributes.
- Terminal view backgrounds now have an accessibility role of "matte".
- Terminal view drag highlight now uses Core Graphics for a smoother display.
New in 20070827:
- Terminal windows now support tabs, accessible through a new General preference.
- Added Move to New Workspace command (available only when using tabs) to move tabs into separate groups.
New in 20070424:
- Session Info window list selections can now be the target of session-related menu bar commands.
New in 20070224:
- New, high-quality icons for the VT220 keypad window.
New in 20070220:
- Keys menu renamed to Map, which is more accurate; also renamed some of the items in the menu.
- Session Info window toolbars may now have "Arrange All Windows in Front".
New in 20070212:
- Added placeholder Fix Character command.
New in 20070207:
- A new, simpler look for Help.
- Internal changes to improve the Help build system.
New in 20070124:
- Fixed a case where terminal windows could open with toolbar focus instead of terminal keyboard focus.
New in 20070109:
- Fixed VT52-mode cursor positioning.
New in 20070108:
- Preferences window resizes now remembered per category, so choosing a panel will restore its window size.
- Interrupt now correctly resets the Suspend Network flag.
- Interrupt now displays a help tag above the cursor instead of writing text into the terminal.
- Suspend now displays a help tag above the cursor instead of writing text into the terminal.
- Resume now hides the Interrupt or Suspend help tag instead of writing text into the terminal.
- Internal changes to old QuickDraw code based on Apple recommendations for Intel compatibility.
New in 20070107:
- Compiled as a Universal Application (for Intel Macs). The Intel version has NOT been tested yet!
New in 20070103:
- Identified a possible crash when switching the Window Resize Affects preference. No fix is available yet.
- Corrected possible parsing problem when entering URLs containing whitespace into the command line.
- Internal changes to separate URL parsing code from handling code, which also simplifies tests.
- Internal changes to make Python files have very unique names, avoiding risk of import collisions.
- Internal changes to unit testing code, to make it cleaner and easier to filter modules.