Changes in 2006
New in 20061227:
- Updated color box buttons to use Core Graphics natively.
- Drag-and-drop highlight now respects the Graphite appearance setting, if applicable.
New in 20061224:
- Open Session dialog no longer crashes if Cancel is chosen.
- Open Session dialog now supports more than one file at the same time.
- Tall (80 x 48) pre-defined size added to the View menu.
- Color boxes in the Format preferences panel now properly display a color.
- Color boxes in the Format preferences panel (ANSI Colors tab) can now change the color when clicked.
- Internal changes to avoid some memory copies in a few instances, for efficiency.
New in 20061127:
- Internally, removed a lot of legacy and transitional cruft for handling the menu bar.
- Menus are now implemented in the normal way as a single NIB file.
- The Network menu has been removed; various menu items moved to different menus.
- New "Action" menu, a redundant menu interface to make commands easy to find by task!
New in 20061113:
- Terminal is now properly focused for text input when opened via the New Session sheet.
- Fixed a possible crash condition when selecting text.
- Internal changes to prevent needless reconstruction of the Python interface during builds.
New in 20061110:
- Fixed visual synchronization of changes in New Session dialog with the command line field.
- More section names in Preferences window now use a bold font (like Keynote and Pages do).
- Redesigned the Format preferences panel.
- Minor renaming of items in the Full Screen preferences panel.
- Arbitrarily reduced the default window size of Session Info.
New in 20061107:
- Terminal view cursor blinking works once again.
- Fixed a problem with the mouse cursor changing when pointing just outside a selection.
- Internal changes to allow ANSI-BBS terminal type to be supported in the future.
New in 20061105:
- Terminal views now hide the cursor whenever scrollback lines are displayed.
- Window hiding no longer fails for windows that were redisplayed under certain conditions.
- Window hiding animation has been sped up, because it is still synchronous.
- Window hiding seems to cause a session to be ignored during quitting time reviews; there is no fix yet.
- Preferences panel for Sessions now has functional DNS lookup on the Resource tab.
New in 20061101:
- Some problems with scrollback function and display are now fixed.
- Section names in dialogs and in the Preferences window now use a bold font (like Keynote and Pages do).
- Various bits of internal code cleanup.
New in 20061030:
- Fixed problems with renaming items in the collections drawer of the Preferences window.
- Fixed problems with adding and removing items in the collections drawer of the Preferences window.
New in 20061029:
- Once again supporting rlogin URLs.
- Updated property list so the Finder, etc. realizes the application can handle a number of different types of URLs.
- Once again printing random biline text on the splash screen. However, it is now localizable.
- Internal changes to put the application core and generated Python API into a framework called Quills.framework.
- Internal changes to put Python-based portions of the application into a separate framework.
- Minor corrections to Help.
New in 20061028:
- More than any other release so far, this build shows off the true power of the new Quills interface in Python!
- Added Session.on_urlopen_call(func, schema) to Quills, allowing Python functions to respond to URL requests.
- Added Session.stop_urlopen_call(func, schema) to Quills, to mirror Session.on_urlopen_call().
- Reimplemented every URL handler as Python code, greatly simplifying both implementation and maintenance.
- Added a series of doctest testcases to validate all URL handling code.
- Renamed Quills API Session.on_new_ignore() to Session.stop_new_call().
New in 20061027:
- Added support for the x-man-page URL type. For example, "x-man-page://ls" or "x-man-page://3/printf".
- Cursor shape preferences are once again respected.
- Corrected glitch in rendering lower right edges of inactive selection outlines.
New in 20061026:
- Fixed position of inactive text selection outlines in terminal views.
- Internal change to fix to cursor positioning code in renderer.
New in 20061025:
- Help has received several minor corrections and other edits.
- Jump Scrolling menu item now has a help tag.
- Internal changes to add icon identifiers to a central registry.
- Internal changes to allow a terminal view to not render a focus ring, if a special flag is set.
New in 20061024:
- Terminal window toolbars now have a Full Screen item option. Clicking it will start *or* end Full Screen.
- Zoom effect for hiding windows now more accurately approximates the location of the Window menu title.
New in 20061023:
- Added keys for the 5 Full Screen preferences to DefaultPreferences.plist.
- Updated the Preferences window interface to properly save and restore the Full Screen checkboxes.
- Full Screen now respects the menu bar visibility preference.
- Full Screen menu bar checkbox label changed to more accurately show its effect.
- Full Screen now respects the scroll bar visibility preference.
- Full Screen now respects the Force Quit availability preference.
- Full Screen now respects the off-switch visibility preference.
- Full Screen is now usually disabled automatically if the terminal window closes (some quirks remain here).